Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Beginnings

Once upon a time, I was attempting to complete the requirements to receive the Young Woman in Excellence award. For one of my goals, I collected happy thoughts each day. At that particular time, I was miserable. Life just wasn't quite going as planned and I was having a daily pity party. Each day I would find a quote from a famous person, or not so famous person, and write it on a 3x5 note card. It would then go in a little box. I'm not sure how long I did this but I created a fine collection of thoughts and along the way I figured out how to be happy. I think it may be time for another collection. I'm not miserable, in fact, far from it. But we need some extra happiness.

So on this lovely January 1st, here is my first happy thought of 2012:


Whoever is happy will make others happy too. He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery.
- Anne Frank

No comments: