Sunday, May 13, 2012

As you do these things [referring to the standards discussed in the LDS "For the Strength of Youth" pamphlet], the Lord will make much more out of your life than you can by yourself. He will increase your opportunities, expand your vision, and strengthen you. He will give you the help you need to meet your trials and challenges. You will gain a stronger testimony and find true joy as you come to know your Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, and feel Their love for you.

While this pamphlet has definitely experienced many changes over the years, the basic idea is the same. Live worthy of being in God's presence and you will be happy. 

I know this quote isn't very "Mother's Day"-y; however, I wanted to make the connection. I have been blessed with incredible women, not just the woman who gave birth to me, who have taught me exactly what it means to be a righteous woman. From young women leaders to neighbors, friends' mothers to aunts, grandmothers to my own sister. These plus my own incredible mom, have paved the way for me to follow. 

No comments: